Reducing 3-MCPD & GE: how to get certificated products
The maximum concentration of 3-MCPD and glycidyl esters in oils for food use in the countries of the European Union has been significantly reduced starting from January 1, 2021.
From this date, Regulation (EU) 2020/1322 came into force. This is an even more stringent legislation regarding the presence of 3-MCPD and glycidyl esters in foods such as:
- Vegetable oils and fats
- Fish oils and oils from other marine organisms
- Vegetable oils and fats, fish oils and oils from other marine organisms for the production of baby food and processed cereal-based food for infants and young children
- Infant formula and follow-on formula (powder and liquid)
- Foods for special medical purposes intended for infants and young children
CMBernardini’s R&D team is always looking for solutions combining sustainability, compliance with regulations and consumer health protection. For this reason, CMBernardini has been offering for some time solutions that allow companies to comply with the requirements of the European Union without increasing costs that make production economically unsustainable.
In particular, CMBernardini proposes:
- A technology that limits the formation of 3-MCPD
- A unit for removing the GE, which can also be applied to existing plants by building an add-on.
For the removal of glycidyl esters, it is important to mention the recent commissioning of a new unit by one of our Clients in Greece, who added to its plant a unit that uses our state of the art technology for this specific application.
A proven tech that confirms CMBernardini’s ability to assist customers and constantly find the best possible solutions, without renouncing constant protection of the final consumer, obviously reflecting positively on the customer opinion, with a result that is more WIN-WIN than ever.
Contact us and find out how to make compliant your production plant in Europe!